Like most people, I have spent the majority of my life worrying…
- About my job
- About money
- About falling in love
- About having a family
- About my weight
The list is endless. However, the past 6 months I have learned to really let go of worry and fear, live in the now, and focus all of my energy on love and gratitude.
If you spend your time worrying…you lose time living.
That’s what I believe. Majority of people, myself included, think they have all the time in the world to do everything they want to do…but you don’t. We’re on borrowed time. If tomorrow never comes…will you be satisfied with how you lived? 6 months ago, I would have said no. If I was on my death bed I would have regretted spending time waiting to live instead of actually living my life.
The days are long, but the years are short.
Life is honestly precious, and time is just an illusion. The days feel long, but then one day you wake up and realize how quickly the years have gone by. Today is the only day you need to think about. Today is the only day that matters. Not tomorrow, not a week from now, not last month, or even last year. None of that matters. Just today.
Don’t wait for tomorrow to start living your life today.
If you’re lucky enough to wake up in the morning, than live the life you dreamed of the night before!
All of my life I have made excuses as to why I couldn’t do something…
- I can’t date right now, because I’m unhappy with my weight.
- I can’t change careers right now, because I have too much going on at home.
- I can’t move right now, because I don’t have the money.
- I can’t take a real vacation, because I don’t have the money.
- I can’t finish this project, because I have no time.
And on and on it goes. But I realized that all of that worry and fear was just self-inflicted emotional anguish, and it’s not worth it. Time to get out of my own way!
- I was the one putting pressure on myself
- I was the one making the excuses
- I was the one holding myself back
- I was the one wasting all of my time worrying
No one has control over you, but you. You have the right to live your life the way you want to…but you also have to be the one to decide that you’re actually going to live it!
I love that quote because it’s so true. Look around you, you’ll notice who’s living and who’s just going through the motions of life. It’s honestly heartbreaking.
Every morning when I wake up a new day begins, and I am grateful. The day is filled with thousands of choices, and I can choose what I want, and I love it! Every day is a chance to do something different, to change your life.
In this moment…at this very second in time, you can decide to change your life completely.
- If you want to date, DATE!
- If you want to lose weight, BELIEVE YOU CAN!
- If you want to travel, PICK A SPOT AND GO!
- If you want to change careers, DO IT!
- If you want to move, START PACKING!
- If you want to finish that project, START IT!
Don’t worry about how it’s “going to get done” or “what will happen if…” excuse any self doubt you may have and just begin! That’s what I’m doing now. I have no idea how everything will come together, but it doesn’t matter. If you have a passion for something, try to do a little bit each day. Slowly but surely your projects will get done, the weight will come off, you’ll meet someone, you’re go that vacation, you’ll find your dream job. You just have to start somewhere.
What the mind believes the heart can achieve!
So what will you do today? The choice is yours!